Personal & corporate taxes,

payroll, and Bookkeeping


Personal Taxes

The filing deadline is April 30. If you have self employment income, the filing deadline is June 15 but you still have to have your taxes paid by April 30.

New Clients

Please fill out our New Client form. We will also need to have you authorize us as your representatives. This will allow us to correspond with CRA on your behalf as well as grant us access to the personal tax information that CRA has in your file (tax slips, balance owing, notice of assessments etc.) There are a few ways to authorize our office as your representative but we recommend you visit us in person to sign the form the old fashioned way. For more info visit the Government of Canada website.

Self-employed and Rental Income

If you are a little more hands-on and/or would like to cut down the time it takes us to file your taxes then take a look at our self-employed and rental summary forms. If you are even more hands-on and detail-oriented, you may be interested in our “Basic Bookkeeping” Excel set up to keep track of individual expenses.

Please note that if you are reporting self-employment income and are GST registered, you have to separate your GST from your income and expenses.

Employment expenses

If you are employed and wish to claim employment expenses, your employer must first approve your claim by filling out the Declarations of Conditions of Employment form. If you use a personal vehicle and have a signed T2200 or are self employed, you are required to keep a log in the event that the Canada Revenue Agency asks to see it.

Medical expenses

Be prepared to submit receipts to the Canada Revenue Agency if you have a large amount of medical expenses to claim. If you have a letter from your medial practitioner that certifies you have celiac disease, you are only allowed to claim the difference between a normal food product and the more expensive gluten free product. This worksheet may be of help but is not required

Disability Tax credit

This credit is available if approved by the Canada Revenue Agency. Your medical practitioner has to certify that you are eligible by filling out the T2201: Disability Tax Credit Certificate form. You may be approved to apply this credit to up to 10 years of previous tax filings.

Do You Have Taxes Owing?

There are a few ways to pay taxes owing to the Canada Revenue Agency. We recommend taking a payment voucher to the bank or paying through online banking. If you are unable to pay the full amount, contact the CRA to make a payment plan. See the link below for more information.


All new employees must fill out and sign a TD1: Personal Tax Credits Return for both federal and provincial taxes. Our New Employee Information Sheet is helpful for us to obtain the other required information before we can process any payroll.

Bookkeeping & Corporate Taxes

Nothing from us to give you here. What we need from you is to give us all your receipts!